Wednesday, January 2, 2013

You Came Home Tonight

You Came Home Tonight

Walking down the gravel path back home,
Makes me get the feeling I get too much time alone.
The tone of the night changers my mind,
So I took a left on Light Pole Avenue.
On the way I see you,
All in blue.
The shock makes me trip on the sidewalk,
Because we haven't talked for as long as I've walked.
So we both took a stroll back home
Where we both used play and make way for the Queen and the King.

Walking back home I hear you sing,
Like the dream I had about everything,
Then wake up thinking about nothing.
The evening blue soon takes hold as
I feel the grass on the front porch light.

The night makes me recite,
About when I was given sight
Of what's right,
and given the light to help the people lost in thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment